When it comes to getting the best results from your skin care products, it’s so important to use and avoid certain skin care ingredients.
– Oil-free ingredients. These attract and retain water in the skin, which is crucial for keeping oil production at bay. (Renée Rouleau Skin Recovery Lotion is great for reducing shine.)
– Sodium Hyaluronate (also known as Hyaluronic Acid). This is a bioactive hydrating ingredient that can bind 1000 times its weight in moisture to the skin. It has been used for years and continues to be one of the most commonly used skin-hydrating ingredients for oily skin. (Found in Renée Rouleau Skin Drink, Skin Correcting Serum and Detoxifying Mask which are all excellent products for oily skin.)
– Sodium PCA (Sodium Pyrollidone Carboxylic Acid). This is a water-binding agent that helps attract water in the skin.
– AHA Smoothing Serum. This is an AHA that dissolves and digests surface skin cells to encourage fresher, clearer, and smoother skin, reducing the appearance of large pores. (See our collection of alcohol-free glycolic acid serums.)
– SD Alcohol 40, Denatured Alcohol, Ethanol and Isopropyl Alcohol. These are commonly found in toners and should be avoided. (Exception: They can be beneficial when used in acne spot treatments.) All the Renée Rouleau toners are alcohol-free.
– Sodium or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. These are commonly found in cleansing gels and are extremely dehydrating to the skin. All the Renée Rouleau cleansing gels are sulfate-free. (Luxe Mint Cleansing Gel is great for oily skin.)
– Mineral Oil. This ingredient can have a pore-clogging effect on the skin.
– Petrolatum. This ingredient can have a pore-clogging effect on the skin.
– Isopropyl Myristate and Isopropyl Palmitate. This ingredient may encourage clogged pores.
All the Renée Rouleau products do not contain the above ingredients.
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule a virtual consultation to get customized advice in person, over the phone or online via Skype or FaceTime.
For more expert advice check out the blog. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and Instagram and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time. Get the #ReneeRouleauGlow!
Celebrity Esthetician & Skincare Expert
As an esthetician trained in cosmetic chemistry, Renée Rouleau has spent 30 years researching skin, educating her audience, and building an award-winning line of products. Trusted by celebrities, editors, bloggers, and skincare obsessives around the globe, her vast real-world knowledge and constant research are why Marie Claire calls her “the most passionate skin practitioner we know.”