Recently, I had the privilege of being interviewed by skin care industry expert Lori Crete. Lori is a licensed esthetician, spa owner and founder of the Esthetician Mentor™, which is a program dedicated to helping other beauty business owners and professionals around the world become more successful and profitable.Though I haven’t used her services personally, I do know people who have and they speak very highly of her expertise. After all, there is limited business support out there for estheticians so it’s a great service that she’s offering. (For continuing education about all things skin, my blog with over 1600 posts is an incredibly popular resource for both consumers and estheticians.)When she reached out to me, she said I was her #1 most requested person to interview. Wow! What an honor. I was happy to chat with her because sharing knowledge is such a huge passion of mine, especially because I have 27 years of hands-on experience as a celebrity esthetician, spa owner and skin care expert. Thank you, Lori!
Listen to the full interview with Lori. (Click the play button to the right of my photo.)
Some of the topics discussed include:
- The value of working with your romantic partner
- Why everyone needs a mentor
- What social media can do for your business
- The personality traits of a hirable esthetician
- Why new estheticians are the underdogs
- The benefit of doing pop ups
- How blogging attracts clients and press
- Why you shouldn’t be scared to sell to clients
- The importance of taking the time to find a job that fits you
- Why you have to ask questions when you interview for jobs
- How to stay busy and build a clientele
- Why you should be observant and mimic your clients
- How to be one step ahead of your client
- The decision to not be a service provider
- How to commit to growing your business
- What is your driving force
- Why you have to know your worth and be confident
- The danger of discounts and deals
- When you can offer a free service
While this information is geared towards estheticians, anyone who cares to know a little bit more about my philosophies and esthetician journey will find it interesting. Enjoy!
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule a virtual consultation to get customized advice in person, over the phone or online via Skype or FaceTime.
For more expert advice check out the blog. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and Instagram and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time. Get the #ReneeRouleauGlow!
Celebrity Esthetician & Skincare Expert
As an esthetician trained in cosmetic chemistry, Renée Rouleau has spent 30 years researching skin, educating her audience, and building an award-winning line of products. Trusted by celebrities, editors, bloggers, and skincare obsessives around the globe, her vast real-world knowledge and constant research are why Marie Claire calls her “the most passionate skin practitioner we know.”