When it comes to getting the best results from your skin care products, it’s so important to use and avoid certain skin care ingredients.
– Dimethicone. This ingredient protects, smoothes and softens without oil. (Found in Renée Rouleau Vitamin C&E Treatment)
– Algae Extract. This is a humectant derived from sea plants that improves the skin’s ability to hold onto moisture. (Found in Renée Rouleau Hawaiian Nourishing Cream)
– Panthenol. This is a provitamin B5 that offers excellent hydration. (Found in Renée Rouleau Skin Drink)
– Sodium Hyaluronate (also known as Hyaluronic Acid). This is a bioactive hydrating ingredient that can bind 1000 times its weight in moisture to the skin. It has been used for years and continues to be one of the most commonly used skin-hydrating ingredients for oily skin.
– Glycolic Acid. This is an AHA that is favored because is has the smallest molecular structure and can absorb deeper within the skin. This helps to dissolve surface dry skin cells to encourage brighter, more even-toned, and smoother skin. (See our collection of alcohol-free glycolic acid serums.)..
Read: Are You Using a Skin Serum? If Not, You Should Be
Read: What Kind of Topical Vitamin C is the Best?
– SD Alcohol 40, Denatured Alcohol, Ethanol and Isopropyl Alcohol. These are commonly found in toners and should be avoided. Exception: They can be beneficial when used in acne spot treatments. All the Renée Rouleau toners are alcohol-free.
– Sodium or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. These are commonly found in cleansing gels and are extremely dehydrating to the skin. All the Renée Rouleau cleansing gels are sulfate-free.
– Mineral Oil. This ingredient can have a pore-clogging effect on the skin.
– Petrolatum. This ingredient can have a pore-clogging effect on the skin.
– Isopropyl Myristate and Isopropyl Palmitate. This ingredient may encourage clogged pores.
All the Renée Rouleau products do not contain the above ingredients.
Read: Five Skin Care Ingredient Myths You Need to Know
Which products are right for your skin? See our nine skin types and get products recommended.
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule My Skin Prescription to get personalized advice in person, over the phone or via Skype or Facetime.
For more expert skin advice, check out Skin Source–the A-Z guide on all things skin. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time!
Celebrity Esthetician & Skincare Expert
As an esthetician trained in cosmetic chemistry, Renée Rouleau has spent 30 years researching skin, educating her audience, and building an award-winning line of products. Her hands-on experience as an esthetician and trusted skin care expert has created a real-world solution — products that are formulated for nine different types of skin so your face will get exactly what it needs to look and feel its best. Trusted by celebrities, editors, bloggers, and skincare obsessives around the globe, her vast real-world knowledge and constant research are why Marie Claire calls her “the most passionate skin practitioner we know.”