When it comes to getting the best results from your skin care products, it’s so important to use and avoid certain skin care ingredients.
– Sea Whip. This ingredient is soothing and anti-inflammatory to help reduce redness in the skin. (Found in Purifying Face Wash)
– White Tea Extract. This is the most potent soothing antioxidant of all teas to reduce skin irritation and redness. (Found in Soothing Relief Serum)
– Glycerin. This is a plant-derived hydrator to offer moisturization and skin healing. (Found in Moisture Infusion Toner)
– Synthetic dyes. This ingredient, listed as “FD&C #” on the ingredient listing, can be an irritant to the skin.
– Synthetic fragrance. This is the number one cause of allergic reactions to products. Avoid skin care products containing the word “fragrance” or “parfum” on the ingredient listing.
– SD Alcohol 40, Denatured Alcohol, Ethanol and Isopropyl Alcohol. These are commonly found in toners and should be avoided. (Exception: They can be beneficial when used in acne spot treatments.) All the Renée Rouleau toners are alcohol-free.
– Sodium or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. These are commonly found in cleansers and are extremely drying to the skin. All the Renée Rouleau gel cleansers are sulfate-free.
All the Renée Rouleau products do not contain the above ingredients.
Which products are right for your skin? See our nine skin types and get products recommended.
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule My Skin Prescription to get personalized advice in person, over the phone or via Skype or Facetime.
For more expert skin advice, check out Skin Source–the A-Z guide on all things skin. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time!