When it comes to getting the best results from your skin care products for oily, blemished, problem, acne-prone skin, it’s so important to use and avoid certain skin care ingredients.
PROBLEM, BLEMISHED, ACNE-PRONE SKIN
– Tea Tree Oil. This offers disinfectant properties to destroy acne-causing bacteria and keep pores clean.
– Jojoba Beads. This offers safe and gentle skin polishing benefits to prevent spreading bacteria when exfoliating. (Found in Mint Buffing Beads)
Read: How Can I Fade My Acne Scars?
– SD Alcohol 40, Denatured Alcohol, Ethanol and Isopropyl Alcohol. These are commonly found in toners and should be avoided. Exception: They can be beneficial when used in acne spot treatments. All the Renée Rouleau toners are alcohol-free.
– Sodium or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. Commonly found in cleansing gels and are extremely dehydrating to the skin. All the Renée Rouleau cleansing gels are sulfate-free.
– Mineral Oil. This ingredient can have a pore-clogging effect on the skin.
– Petrolatum. This ingredient can have a pore-clogging effect on the skin.
– Isopropyl Myristate and Isopropyl Palmitate. This ingredient may encourage clogged pores.
– Apricot kernels. These are naturally-made particles found in facial scrubs that can scratch and irritate the skin, causing the spread of bacteria.
All the Renée Rouleau products do not contain the above ingredients.
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule a virtual consultation to get customized advice in person, over the phone or online via Skype or FaceTime.
For more expert advice check out the blog. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and Instagram and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time. Get the #ReneeRouleauGlow!