Skin Care Tip of the Day: Rosacea, a skin condition causing severe redness that affects 14 million Americans, begins to show signs in your early 30’s, and sometimes in the late 20’s. This may be due to increased hormones from work, babies and stress. If your skin is getting increasingly more red, it’s time to change up your skin routine and incorporate products with calming, anti-inflammatory properties.
What to look for:
· Severe redness particularly in the cheeks and on the nose.
· Can have little bumps that look like blemishes but never go away
· Red, dilated visible capillaries
· Irish, Scottish, English and Scandinavian heritage
· Redness that is consistently red. Redness after a work out, hot shower, drinking a glass of wine are normal, it’s when you haven’t done any of those and you look like you have!…
At Renée Rouleau, we feel that using products exclusively formulated for the needs of your skin will allow well-behaved skin. Although there are prescriptions available that address rosacea, we feel that most people would like to control it naturally and it all starts by picking your skin type.
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule a virtual consultation to get customized advice in person, over the phone or online via Skype or FaceTime.
For more expert advice check out the blog. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and Instagram and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time. Get the #ReneeRouleauGlow!