Prom night is almost here for many teens and getting your skin looking its best is a must! Here’s my expert skin tips and tricks to keep your skin flawless for prom.
1. Take it easy with your workout. Skin can get red and flushed from running, so go for a nice walk instead. Post-exercise redness combined with any pre-prom nerves may make skin look blotchy, so you want to eliminate at least one of those factors.
2. Drink a lot of water on the big day. This really helps to prevent excess fluids from building up around the eyes, which causes puffiness.
3. Eat low-sodium dinners. Eating foods high in sodium in the evening will almost always result in morning under-eye puffiness. Read: Can Pickles Cause Puffy Eyes? …
4. Treat skin to a peel and mask. Hands down, this is my very favorite skin treatment to guarantee glowing skin: Start by using an exfoliant, massaging it over the skin for 30 seconds. Rinse well, and then apply a thin coat of an at-home peel, like Triple Berry Smoothing Peel to your face. Leave it on for 5-8 minutes. Rinse off and apply a few drops of a hydrating serum like Skin Correcting Serum followed by a thick coat of a cooling mask, like the Bio Calm Repair Masque. (I leave this mask in the refrigerator so that it’s really cool, calming, and soothing when applied to the skin.) Rinse well and apply a sheer moisturizer. Then apply a tiny bit of eye cream around the eyes. Voila!
5. Get a good night’s sleep. Without proper sleep, not only will you feel tired but you’ll look it too. Read: Why Does My Skin Look Better After a Good Night’s Sleep?
6. Sleep on two pillows to elevate your head. This is another strategy for reducing morning under-eye puffiness by draining excess fluids.
Have fun and be safe!
Want to learn more tips and tricks? Read: Skin Care Tips For Teens
Need expert advice from a licensed esthetician? Schedule My Skin Prescription to get personalized advice in person, over the phone or via Skype or Facetime.
Which products are right for your skin? See our nine skin types and get products recommended.
For more expert skin advice, check out Skin Source–the A-Z guide on all things skin. Also sign up for our skin tip e-newsletter, follow Renée Rouleau on Twitter and join the discussion on our Facebook page. You’ll be your own skin care expert in no time!